Social Media Terms & Conditions
The PromiseShip Facebook page (PromiseShip), Twitter account (@promiseship), LinkedIn account, and other PromiseShip accounts (collectively, “social media channels”) are for community members to connect to and learn about PromiseShip and our programs, events, fundraisers, and initiatives. Our goal is to provide informative and interesting content about our organization and foster a transparent and respectful dialogue relating to the specific issues and topics covered. Your use of the PromiseShip social media channels is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
PromiseShip reserves all rights relating to the company’s social media channels, including but not limited to prohibiting any content that could be deemed as inappropriate or controversial as well as any posts that put the security or anonymity of the children or families we serve at risk. If these terms and conditions are violated, we reserve the right to remove and/or report the posts. In extreme situations or for repeat offenses, users may be blocked.
Examples of inappropriate or off-topic messages include, but are not limited to:
- Derogatory, obscene, intimidating, discriminatory, political, harassing or threatening comments or hate propaganda;
- Activity that violates any law or regulation;
- Attempts to target PromiseShip or PromiseShip Followers to offer goods or services, of either a commercial or private nature;
- Spam directed at PromiseShip or any of PromiseShip’s Followers, including any form of automatically generated content or repeatedly posting the same content;
- Content that includes personal or private information;
- Content deemed to constitute an unapproved use of any of our services or which is otherwise false or misleading;
- Any potential infringement upon any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, brand names, trade names, logos, copyrights or trade secrets of any person, business or place;
- Other content deemed to be off-topic or to disrupt the purposes of the channel, and
- Content posted by fake or anonymous users.
Our social media channels are not the appropriate place to resolve issues, complaints or suggestions about a case. This does not mean we do not want to hear about such issues, but these types of concerns are best handled by discussing directly with the Family Permanency Specialist assigned to your case. If you’re interested in sharing comments or feedback outside the scope of these channels, you can send a message through the “Submit Complaint or Compliment” button on our contact page. Comments will be filtered to the right people to ensure appropriate follow-up.
PromiseShip does not create, control, represent, or endorse any opinions or statements expressed by others within its social media channels. This extends to the personal beliefs that may be expressed by speakers invited to present at PromiseShip events.