Grasstops Leadership Program
Application deadline extended to May 7, 2018!
Do you have a dream to help make your community stronger and better? Do you have ideas about what should be done, but don’t know what to do with those ideas? Do you find yourself talking with friends and family about your passion?
PromiseShip invites residents of Douglas and Sarpy counties to apply to participate in our Grasstops Leadership Program. This Program is an intensive, experiential leadership training program to empower community members to take action to build stronger and more connected, caring and just communities. We firmly believe that change comes from within communities; this program is designed to help you be part of that change as a community leader.
Upon completion of the Program, Grasstops Leaders will have:
- Increased knowledge of leadership strengths, including an ability to facilitate meetings in community settings
- An individualized plan to guide how to best impact their community as a leader
- An increased network of supporters, collaborators, and leaders in the community
- An enhanced ability to convey messages in ways that allow their voice and intent to be heard more clearly
- An understanding of policies and laws, their impact, and how to advocate for change
- An alumni group, which will meet quarterly to continue leadership initiatives and support
Each cohort is comprised of 12 Grasstops Leaders who: reside in Douglas or Sarpy County, Nebraska AND are age 18 and up
- Assess/enhance individual leadership skills/style
- Enhance/develop communication/public speaking, building partnerships, and networking
- Individual mobilization plan to lead change in identified social issue/need
- Develop and enhance community connections
The program will follow a ten (10) month training curriculum; comprised of 2 Saturday day sessions, 6 Thursday evening sessions lasting 2.5 hours, 1 month attending community meetings, and graduation.
Participants should expect to have no more than two hours of individual work per month. Some classroom sessions may be shortened to allow for small group activities and/or participation in community events.
Program Curriculum At A Glance:
Application deadline is extended to May 7, 2018